Sania Mirza Wedding news


Zaira Wasim molested on Air Vistara flight, airline says inquiry underway

Dangal girl Zaira Wasim recorded her in-flight experience on the way to Mumbai. The actor took to her Instagram and posted a series of live stories sharing the entire episode with her followers.


Dangal girl Zaira Wasim broke down during an Instagram live chat as she landed in Mumbai post a horrific in-flight experience. The actor, who was on her way from Delhi to Mumbai, alleged that she was molested on the flight by a middle-aged man sitting right behind her. She said she got no help from the flight crew even on complaining.


“I just landed, the whole irony of this that I yelled… and this is not done… this is not how you should be treated or made to feel… this is terrible. This is how they will take care of girls? No one will help us if we don’t decide to help ourselves and that is the worst thing,” said the actor during the Instagram live.


Using Instagram Stories, she shared a pic of the man’s foot, which was rested on her arm-rest. After that, Zaira explained her ordeal with texts. She wrote, “The lights were dimmed, so it was even worse. It continued for another 5-10 minutes and then I was sure of it. He kept nudging my shoulder and continued to move his foot up and down my back and neck.” She continued, ” So, I was in a flight travelling from Delhi to Mumbai today and right behind me one middle-aged man who made my 2-hour journey miserable. I tried to record it on phone to understand it better because the cabin lights were dimmed, I failed to get it.”


Check her Instagram stories here:











“It was all chill till I felt somebody brushing against my back while I was half asleep. I ignored it the first time. Blamed the turbulence for it. Until I woke me up to this PLEASANT SIGHT of his Beautiful foot rubbing my back and neck. Guess he couldn’t sit like a civilised human being and placed his foot on my armrest while he’s fully PHELAOED his body on his seat,” she continued.

The 17-year-old won the National Film Award for her performance in Dangal.

Air Vistara issued a statement saying they are looking into the incident and has zero tolerance for such behaviour: “We @airvistara have seen the reports regarding @ZairaWasimmm experience with another customer on board our flight last night. We are carrying out detailed investigation and will support Zaira in every way required. We have zero tolerance for such behaviour.”

Meanwhile, Maharashtra State Commission for Women chairperson Vijaya Rahatkar,  describing the incident as “shameful”,  demanded an inquiry into why the cabin crew did not come to Zaira Wasim’s aid.

“The incident is shameful. MSCW will direct DGCA to conduct inquiry in the matter. We will inquire into the steps taken by Vistara to address the complaint. There should be inquiry about why the cabin crew did not help her. We have directed the Mumbai Police to look into the matter immediately. It is sad that none of the co-passengers came ahead to help Zaira. We are with her, and will ensure she gets justice,” she said.

Mehbooba Mufti also took to Twitter and expressed that she is appalled at what happened with Zaira.

She wrote, “Any harassment/crime against women shld be dealt with swiftly & effectively. As a mother of 2 daughters I am appalled at what happened with @zairawasimz. Hope the relevant authorities take strict action @airvistara @Ashok_Gajapathi @jayantsinha”

Any harassment/crime against women shld be dealt with swiftly & effectively. As a mother of 2 daughters I am appalled at what happened with @zairawasimz. Hope the relevant authorities take strict action @airvistara @Ashok_Gajapathi @jayantsinha
— Mehbooba Mufti (@MehboobaMufti) December 10, 2017

Mam, we have recorded statement of @zairawasimz and registering an offence accordingly.
— Mumbai Police (@MumbaiPolice) December 10, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords